Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

Grateful Friday

Hey, we finished quilting!


There are a few places I need to go over--Braeden, boy of many many talents is a novice at the tying of knots--and I need to sew the binding but it feels pretty amazing that we finished the quilting.  Many hands make light work!

Also:

Happy New Year!  

I like New Year's Day. I'm grateful for a blank calendar full of possibilities.

Adam gave me this for Christmas...it doesn't lie flat yet.  It is enormous and lovely and Emma and I have both breathed out threatenings to anyone who suggests we write on it.


I'm looking forward to vaccine.  More and more vaccine!  Vaccine for everyone soon! Please and thank you.

I'm looking forward to life getting closer to normal.  Will it?  I don't know.  

I'm looking forward to road trips and holidays and new books to read and movies to discover and being a teacher.  I'm looking forward to seeing my kids graduate.  (I'm trying to be positive here.  I'm actually not looking forward to this.  It will mean them moving further away.  Boo.  I am grateful to be able to witness their progression through life though. And Emma's plans for now are to move back home for a little while after she graduates.  I'll take it!)

I know 2020 was a tough year for a lot of people.  There were some really great parts of it too that I'm grateful for.  

I'm grateful for increased time with my family.

I'm grateful Adam and I could still do our jobs--although teaching online school is not super fun.

I'm grateful our kids were able to still progress in school and still have opportunities to make money.

I'm grateful for further confirmation that we have a living prophet on earth.  In the years leading up to 2020, there were small (and sometimes bigger) policy changes that made a pretty seamless transition to us being able to have meaningful church worship from our homes.

I'm grateful for another year I had to spend time with people I love.

Last night we read the little papers we had written randomly through the past few years.  It was lovely and I want to keep the gratitude jar going.


I love stopping to remember what a good life it is.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You all were speedy fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails