Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Quilt binding

 One upside of us all having had Covid is that we feel less worried being around my parents.  They were in Utah for doctor appointments and they stopped by last night to help me with the binding on Braeden and Anna's quilt.  

My mom said, "How are you with cutting now?"

I said, "Really bad."

She said OK and handed my dad her other pair of scissors.

When I was growing up and my mom was (trying to) teach me to sew, it would annoy Marianne that she would cut out the pattern and fabric for me but not Marianne.  But I'm really really bad at cutting a straight line.  I am better than I used to be, but not much.

So I "supervised" and they trimmed the edges, then my mom showed me how to fold it.  She showed me how to fold the corners and said, "Were you watching?"

I said, "No."

Why does being around your parents make you revert to being about 13 years old?

She showed me again but every time I got to a corner, I let her do it.

We pinned it and my mom even kindly pinned "backwards" so that when I do the hand sewing around it with my left hand, I won't encounter the sharp ends of the pins.

We ate pizza and visited for awhile.  It was a nice evening.  We need Covid to go away so we can have less social distancing and more visiting.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I would just like to point out that if she had made you cut out your own things back then, you might be better at it now...

Mark Dahl said...

You're probably right, Marianne.

Olivia Cobian said...

Did Cor really do that? I'm bad at cutting too, but I think I had to do my own cutting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails