Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Passing the torch

Yesterday I handed out certificates to all the students saying they had progressed from 3rd to 4th grade.  They wanted to know if anyone didn't pass.  No, everyone passes. This isn't the 80s.

A few days ago, teachers hauled all their unwanted items to the cafeteria for a swap.  I took my very popular butterfly chairs.  I'm tired of them.  They are unwieldy and take up a lot of space and cause conflict. 

They were still there the next morning and my students were displeased.  "Why are you selling our chairs?!?"  They really embrace a whole what's yours is mine mentality.  I told them the school year was over anyway.  They were still mad.  One boy asked if he could take them home.  I said, "If they're still there and your mom says you can, go for it."

They asked if they could bring stuffed animals today, the last day of school.  School will be all of 90 minutes.  I said, "It's up to your parents."

They asked if they could wear pajamas.  I said, "It's up to your parents."

I was starting to see a real pattern.

The torch is being passed to me also.  I got an email inviting me to a meeting in August for a 504 plan diabetic review.  There's a third grader next year who has type 1 diabetes and guess who the teacher will be?  (They think I'm an expert because of Mark, but Mark is way more of an expert than I am.)


1 comment:

Geri said...

Congratulations on making it through another year and wanting to come back and do it again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails