Pages

Monday, May 2, 2022

We got him back!

Saturday, Adam and I went to Logan to get our Mark back.  I am happy to have him home again.  He had a hard year at school, exacerbated by being diagnosed with celiac disease.  As the weeks left in my school year dwindle, I'm thinking of summer projects.  I have a few!  One of them is to learn how to feed Mark.  

It is depressing to go to the grocery store when you are looking for gluten free products.  It feels impossible.  But I know it is possible because people do it, so I'm going to learn how.

We had dinner in Logan at MayMoes, which is a Cajun restaurant Adam and Mark have eaten at a few times that has lots of gluten free options.  They've raved about it, but my opinion was that I haven't been missing much.  It was mostly greasy.

A bright spot in the meal was when Braeden (and our little one) Facetimed.  She smiled at us--maybe she was smiling at Braeden, who was holding the phone in front of her--but it still melted our hearts.  We love her little perfect self!

Emma came over for dinner and we played dominoes and discussed a little of Come Follow Me for the week.  We Facetimed with Braeden and Anna and the baby was sleeping.  We let them know we still love them, but...we want to see our girl.


2 comments:

mike said...

Hi Thelma!! I saw your post about cooking for Mark! I have a cookbook that is all gluten free recipes. Tells you exactly what type of noodles to by (doesn't just say gluten free) and also gives her favorite brands. Everything I have made from it is delicious!! It's called True Comfort by Kristin Cavallari...Maybe this might help with your summer project :)

Olivia Cobian said...

Glad you've got your boy back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails