Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Day 2

I felt better than I did the day before.  And better is better.

I deleted one million (give or take) email messages and unsubscribed from a bunch as well.  I get a lot of emails that are not intended for me, I assume because I have an easy to mixup email address.  I unsubscribed from MLB Daily, Rainbow Shop (if they sold actual rainbows, I may be more interested), and the Democratic National Committee.  I'm not too hopeful about the last one.  I have unsubscribed many times from their frantic emails asking me to send money and I always manage to get added back to the list.

In an effort to not be cranky, I tried to think of something positive.  I realized that I have been forced to slow down and notice stuff.  At 3:00 AM when I was having a coughing fit and not sleeping, I opened the windows and heard a regular cacophony.  I think every cricket in the county was outside my window.  I kind of enjoyed it.

I've also had a front row seat to the unfurling of one of my monstera leaves.  They are pretty incredible to watch.


I heard from Nola and Janelle that my class was NOT GOOD.  Especially one (who is never absent--why are they never absent?!?).  The principal came to my classroom and this student was sent to the office later also, but refused to go, so they had to call for emergency help.

Sigh.

I feel like a deserter.

I took the learning games off iready, which is the math program we use and they love the learning games. It's my version of sending a howler.  What I wouldn't give to be Mrs. Weasley right about now.  I told the sub to not let them leave their seats if they have their computers tomorrow (usually they love to go sit in the comfy chairs in the classroom library) and it occurred to me that I can use Blocksi from home and monitor what they are doing on the computer.

I wish I could go to school.  If wishes were fishes we'd all have one fried.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails