Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

It's not that I don't want to blog...

Marianne texted me yesterday to call her on my way home from school.  No blog.  (Also, I cried when I saw Liberty on Monday and you know that was going to get back to Marianne.)

I'm fine.  

We're all bobbing along with our heads above water.  This has been a hard week, on the tail of a hard month.  But we are on a good trajectory.  We are here to get Mark healthier and happier and I feel both optimistic and overwhelmed.  But hopeful.

Saturday I helped moved some (not all that heavy, but how wimpy am I?) stuff of Mark's and I think I messed up my neck.  It doesn't take much to mess up my neck.  Monday I had a migraine, yesterday I felt a bit better, but I hadn't slept well at all and I think it all came crashing back.  At 2:00 AM I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had.  And that, my friends, is saying something.  I was nauseous and clammy and then freezing and I didn't want to move because it hurt so much but I didn't want to stay there because it hurt so much. 

At 6:00 AM, I staggered to my computer and wrote some really slapdash sub plans and emailed them to Janelle and Miriam.  I had to stop multiple times during the typing to close my eyes and not throw up.  It was a whole scene.  I went back to sleep for a few hours and then Adam rubbed my shoulders and told me that my neck was a mess and I should go to the chiropractor.  The chiropractor, who most of my siblings also go to, is like a friend of the family at this point.  He is good at what he does and also sort of impossible to get an appointment with.  I called and he had a cancellation if I could make it.  Yes, I could.  

I donned a sweatshirt and jeans and if I looked like I'd just rolled out of bed then it was because indeed I had.

The chiropractor visit was dramatic and he said he was going to distract me by talking about his new four wheeler.  As...fascinating...as four wheeler stories are, I still felt it.

But it helped.  I will live to tell the tale.  (As evidenced by me being here, telling the tale.)

I will continue with this blog.  If it serves no other purpose, it is the barometer Marianne checks to see how I'm doing.  My dad said awhile ago that if you have Marianne on your side, you are in good shape.

It is true.



2 comments:

Marianne said...

Hooray for your blog! And Dr. Hayes!

Janeal said...

I love reading your blog! As a fellow elementary teacher in Utah County it is reassuring to me to see how other teachers in our area are getting along. I love your positivity while still being real. I actually recognized you at the Mt. Timp temple several months ago, we passed each other in the dressing room. I almost said something to you but that would have been too weird! Thanks for letting me peek in on your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails