Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Day 1

The official word from school is that if my symptoms are "significantly diminished," I can go back on Friday.  I went from having nine days of school left to five days of school left!  It makes me feel really sad.

Here's what it is like to be home:

  • I've been staying in either my office or bedroom which is boring.  
  • I have stuff to do but I don't really feel like doing it.  
  • Nothing ruins being sick like being sick.

Mark and Adam talk to me from down the hall.  Mark told me to make sure I was drinking enough which sounded like something I would say and he asked, "What have you eaten today?" which sounded exactly like what Adam would say.  He even had the same tone.  He made fried rice for lunch and left a bowl in the hall for me.

Braeden called to check on me and Emma sends funny text messages (she only talks on the phone in extreme cases).

Braeden said it's too bad our house in Starr Valley isn't done or I could go convalesce there.  "Like taking Beth to die by the sea."

So that was...supportive.

Adam called on his way home from work.  I told him I didn't feel well.  I told him I was worried about my class and sub plans.  I said, "I just feel cranky."

He said, "Well don't.  It won't make you feel better."

He was right.

And I'm doing OK.

Just...I hate this.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm so sorry! If we'd known you would miss school we would have planned the trek for now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails