Pages

Monday, May 23, 2022

Weekend

Friday I was back at school.  I was all geared up with a fabulous lecture for my misbehaving students.  They were so happy to see me and I was so happy to see them, it took some of the wind out of the lecture sails.

I did manage to still give them a piece of my mind.  We talked about how much better life is when you are trusted and how your actions teach people about your character.  I reported that I knew they had been sneaking onto YouTube and I knew who had drained my skittle machine.  I backed off when one of them looked like he was going to cry.

They were pretty much angelic all day.  And it was a good thing, because I was EXHAUSTED.  Covid is no joke, even on the second round.  My symptoms are gone, but I am still so tired.

After school, I took a nap for about an hour and then I went to dinner with everyone except Adam.  I felt terrible leaving him behind, but he told me that me feeling terrible didn't do anything for him.

My heart walking around outside my body, in three parts.

Here's some more of my heart:

Emma draped her shirt over the baby carrier and Miss Baby (as Anna calls her which I think is adorable) slept.


They are such good parents!  I feel proud of Anna as a mother even though I had nothing to do with how spectacular that girl is.  Miss Baby is lucky.

Saturday I went to my classroom to try to put things to right a little more.  Being gone for four days was a lot to dig out from under and I only made a dent on Friday.  While I was there, I placed a FaceTime audio call with our family group so we could coordinate our plans.  Adam answered, then either Braeden or Mark, I couldn't tell which because their voices are the same.  Braeden said it was him, so I asked Adam if Mark was awake yet.  Adam said no and Braeden said, "Wait, I thought you were Mark."

I realized maybe I should have made it a video call.  The three of them sound the same on the phone.

In the afternoon, some of us visited my grandma on her 95th birthday!


Here's the difference between a great great grandma and a regular grandma.  Miss Baby cried when I held her and she was happy with my grandma.  

She recognized experience.

Here's 4/5 of a Five Generation picture (we will have to take one with my mom).


Saturday night our kids got together with their cousins.  We were supposed to be hosting the party, but it was at the Carlson's instead.

But don't worry.  Adam and I had our own pity party that night at home.

It was kind of an exclusive group, because, you know, Covid.  Poor sad us.

Sunday Braeden and Anna went to their old ward in Provo for church and then stopped by to return the van.  They sat in the living room and Adam sat in the entry way with a mask on and was finally able to see them from a distance.  It was not nearly long enough, but I'm glad we got a little more time with them.

Mark and I drove them to Herriman, where they were having Sunday dinner with the Carlsons and then going to the airport.

We are counting down the days until they come again in June!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love those pictures! And all of you!

Olivia Cobian said...

Sounds like things are on the up and up. I'm so glad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails