Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

Grateful Friday

I am grateful to be a teacher. The other day, a student, Jasiel, told me to google what his name meant.

So I did.  I said, "It means, 'the strength of God.'"

He nodded proudly and said, "Yep!  My brother told me last night."  He strutted away, very pleased with the whole thing.

I love having conversations like that.  I love being the one they tell their things to.  I love the way they laugh and smile and how exciting it is for all of us when they learn something new.

I am also so grateful for my school and the people I work with.  Yesterday I needed technical support and I didn't know if our tech person, Christie, was in the building.  I tried calling Camie, but turns out I forgot how to do that too.  (You dial 117 first...obviously?)  I sent a student to the office with a sticky note.  Camie came to tell me that she couldn't find Christie but was looking.  Then, she sent Lauren, who knows everything.  Lauren was making my video work and Courtney came in to check and make sure everything was OK.  

Turns out if you need help, send a sticky note to Camie and the army will show up.

I am grateful for Adam.  He makes me laugh and he comforts me when I don't.  He is steady and measured and so so smart.  

I am grateful for our kids (and their text messages).

Braeden texted me this:


Is it more wonderful to have grandchildren or to see your children shine in their role as parent?  I can't decide.

Emma sent this:


Mark sent this:


I love having that rhyming guy home.  He is super helpful (and also I love hugging him).

When I came home with a load of groceries, I texted this:


The next text was enlisting his help in my classroom.  My students LOVE him.  (He is also a man of few words.)

I'm grateful for my parents and siblings and their love and support.  They lift me and strengthen me.

I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I heard on the Follow Him podcast the other day:

If you don't think you can be exalted, it is like saying you believe your power to sin is greater than the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Just wow.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love this post! Thank you for sharing that powerful quote! I love you so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails