Pages

Monday, June 13, 2022

Weekend

We went to Nevada on Saturday.  The whole day felt like a race.  We stopped and picked up Emma, we went back to her apartment when we were several blocks away because she forgot church shoes, we went to Floor and Decor and got tile and shower shelves for Pleasant Hill (the name we have given our house in Starr Valley because My Grandparents' House is a lot to say).

We went to Elko to celebrate Isaiah's graduation.  It was so nice to visit with Enoch and Jennifer for a few minutes.  They're moving to Portland soon, which is sad because we won't see them as often but gives us a reason to detour when we go to Seattle.

From there, the race continued.  We dropped Emma and Mark off at Costa Vida so Mark could fuel up on some gluten free filling food.  Adam and I went to Spring Creek to buy a lawn mower for PH (an even shorter name I just created!).  We were following google maps and it led us on a three mile roundabout detour which was...exciting.  We ordered the lawnmower, pick up the kids and hurried to Wells for Morgan's graduation party.  It was fun to see people there and visit and eat and try to keep my plate from blowing away.  It was a windy day and also Wells is never not windy.

By then Braeden and Anna and Baby E were at my parents' house and that was my next destination to hurry.  Poor little baby had had a long day in the car and I had decided earlier in the day that my grandma name would be Nana because Braeden had been calling me Grandma Thelma and I didn't like that.  (They'd called Anna's mom Grandma Amy and she didn't like it either.  We'd both said we didn't care what we were called as grandmas, but it turns out we do...)  Also, I came up with the (maybe I'll patent it) Nana Pose.  If I held her facing away from me and if I bounced enthusiastically, we could achieve a tentative peace.  The Nana Pose.

A bunch of us went over to PH to see the progress and then we went to where some of the brick from the house that burned has been languishing in the sagebrush.  I had the idea I wanted to redo the hearth where the propane stove sits using bricks from the old house.  Sentimental? Who me?  It was an adventure in my sandals climbing between sagebrush and rocks for bricks.  Lucette and Azure were great brick finders and Ammon cheerfully helped me in my harebrained task.  We were prying bricks apart and knocking off the mortar and I said, "I imagine Grandma and Grandpa looking down at me doing this and wondering why."

Ammon said, "They're probably thinking, we know it's hard to get building materials right now, but is it that hard?"

Tabor and family eventually came and we had a weiner roast using willows and gathered around my parents fire pit, which is also made of the red bricks.  I was holding the baby and two people made me s'mores so I felt like the winner.

Sunday Liliana spoke in church because she is leaving soon for her mission in Costa Rica.  She is such a dear girl and will be a blessing to everyone she serves.  I had Nana duty during sacrament meeting.  I got her to sleep and then made the classic sit down error.  I did enjoy my time with her though.

After church we had a lunch for everyone at Olivia's then headed back home.  It was a full weekend and we saw lots of people we love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails