Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Marky and me time

A few nights ago, Mark texted, wondering if he should invite Marek to dinner.  Then he texted this:


I love Marek, but I opted for Marky and Me time (Adam was out of town).

He told me about his lunch with Geri and Emma and his afternoon at Emma's.  I told him about my abysmal day.

I felt better.

We went to the Tuesday movie.  The kid behind the counter asked, "Are you aware of the Tuesday deal?"

Friend, would we be here at 10:00 AM on a Tuesday morning if we weren't?

$5 for the movie and a popcorn and a drink.  What a great country!

Mark wanted to see Top Gun Maverick.  I didn't have a strong desire to see it, but it turned out that it was great fun.  Mark and I whispered predictions and laughed and no one even cared because it was 10:00 AM on a Tuesday morning at Water Gardens.  At one point, I whispered I had to go to the bathroom.  Mark said, "You can wait."

I said, "No."

When I got back, he told me what I'd missed.  Marky and me is a good thing.

The drive home, we talked over each other about how much we liked the movie.  We drew all the parallels between it and Star Wars.  You couldn't grow up in this family and not liken everything to Star Wars.  Those are the facts.

We puzzled over replacing the head of the string trimmer.  It's not for nothing that Mark has been following Lego and IKEA instructions his whole life.  He figured it out.

Over dinner, we rehashed Top Gun.  We want Adam and Emma to go watch it with us.

Today we're going to Nevada, to do yard work at our house.  We have a cooler packed and Joan loaded with yard implements.  I'm looking forward to a day of Marky and me.



You don't have to tell me how much time has passed and everything that has happened between then and now.  I lived it.  But I'm still grateful to be the mother of this kid!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I love that picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails