Pages

Monday, June 6, 2022

But we got the garage done

In an effort to always try to be a little bit of a drama queen, I had heat exhaustion on Friday.

I started early in the garage.  Mark joined me and then took a break for a job interview.  Adam worked from home and when he had a break, we all went to lunch.  Then I got back to work.  It was hot.  Not that hot, but sort of hot.  I didn't drink enough water. (I had stuff to do!) And my body is not very efficient.  I think I'm part lizard.  I struggle to get warm, once I'm cold and I don't really sweat when I'm hot.  (Too much information?)  My face turns beet red when I'm hot, which is...attractive...it must be said, but I don't sweat.  

Adam joined us in the late afternoon and we made great strides.  Once the garage was finally done, Adam said, "You need to go drink water and take a cool shower."  I did.  I felt OK.  And then I didn't.

I felt dizzy and nauseous and awful.  Adam said to drink more water and I didn't want to, but he insisted.  I sat in a chair and drank water and started to feel human again.  We had planned earlier to use a Dairy Queen gift card I had for our dinner (Mark was gone).  I didn't feel like eating, but I didn't want to wreck our plans.  (Narrator:  she would wreck the plans anyway.)

We drove to Dairy Queen and went inside.  I was feeling nauseous again so I told Adam I didn't want to eat.  He said I needed something, so I said to get me an ice cream cone.  By the time he'd ordered, I couldn't stand the food smell anymore so I went to the car.  Adam said he would get the food to go.  I texted him to eat his food before he came to the car because I didn't want to smell it.

What it comes down to is that I'm a lot of fun.

Adam came out with a melting cone tipped upside down into a cup.  I said I didn't want it.  He said I might feel better if I eat.  I said no.

Several times on the drive home, I wanted to ask Adam to stop so I could throw up on the side of the road.  Also, I really really didn't want to throw up on the side of the road.  We made it home and were going to watch Netflix, but then I lay on the bed and closed my eyes and said, "Never mind."

I woke up a little shaky and weak, but as Saturday progressed, I felt all better.  We took stuff to DI and to the dump on Saturday.  Every time I go in the garage, I feel happy.  It was long overdue and is a lot better.

What's a little heat exhaustion between friends? (not fun, that's what it is)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails