Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

I could do worse

I am maybe becoming my grandma.  When my sisters and I were younger (much younger), we'd go stay with her for a week in the summer.  One of the days we would go to a movie, which was always exciting for me.  We would pore over the newspaper, trying to decide which movie to see and when.  My grandma inevitably had seen everything.  She regularly went to "the show" as she called it, with her friend and cousin, Genevieve.  

I met Nola at Water Gardens yesterday for "the show" and I thought (hoped) maybe I was becoming my grandma.

We went to Elvis.  Emma asked me if it was good, if she should go see it.  I said yes, if you want to be depressed.

It showcased a tragic waste of a very talented life.

It wasn't about the movie as much as slipping into a cool dark theater on a hot summer afternoon.  We each had our small popcorn and small Diet Dr. Pepper which along with our ticket, set us back $5.  

I love Water Gardens.  They don't show any R rated movies; they aren't open on Sunday.  Also, more often than not, no one is there to take tickets after you purchase them at the counter.  

Sometimes I just remember how much I love living in Pleasant Grove.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails