Pages

Monday, June 27, 2022

Weekend

Saturday morning, Adam and I helped clean the church.  We were there with the Palmers and Walkers and you could do a lot worse.  We got breakfast at McDonald's afterward, like you do.

Saturday Adam and I also spent a certain amount of time preparing for Sunday.  He was speaking in sacrament meeting and I was teaching Relief Society.  We also did our grocery shopping and one thing I love about this time of year are the fruits and vegetables to buy. For the past few weeks, strawberries have been $.98/pound!  Don't the strawberries know about the pandemic/supply chain/inflation?  I don't know.  

Don't tell them.

We discovered a new show on Netflix Man vs. Bee.  We have watched two episodes so far and it is very stressful.  Each episode is around 10 minutes long, which is honestly all I can take.

Adam's talk was very good and my lesson was survived.  

We were both relieved when it was over.  Then we had more meetings all afternoon.  

Emma ended up not coming to dinner because she had a head-ache so we ate vegetarian food without her.  (Mark was nonplussed.)  I loved our dinner though.  We made brown rice and had black beans and roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and red pepper.  Then we had fresh cucumber and grape tomatoes and pesto ranch dressing.  I put salted peanuts on mine for good measure.

I loved it!

Maybe this will become a recipe blog, but I doubt it.

We went to a park and played Mölkky, which is a Finnish game and Adam beat us in both games which I guess just goes to show his mission gave him an advantage.  

He is also the only one who can say Mölkky correctly.

We talked to Lady Eleanor (as Adam calls her) on the drive home.  (And also Braeden and Anna.)  Anna sent a video of her giggling and she has a fancy new crib so she is growing up before our eyes.

We ate strawberries and whipped cream on bread pudding when we got home (except Mark skipped the bread pudding, which he doesn't like anyway so that was convenient).

Anytime a weekend ends in strawberries and whipped cream, I will call it a success.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails