Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Just another summer Monday

Yesterday I watched a mother quail and her babies in our yard.   They followed her around until they didn't, then she'd gather them up and they'd follow her again.  I felt mother quail vibes inside the house too.  Mark started his new job at WGU.  He is doing the training at home and every time I'd walk by the closed office door, I'd strain my ears to listen.  I don't know what I was listening for and I never heard anything anyway except soft murmuring voices.  It's weird to have your child start a new job, but at home.  It was different when Emma started working there, also at home.  Emma's been scarily independent since she was a toddler and I hardly ever worry about her.  

During Mark's lunch break, I was whining about all the un-fun errands I had to run.  He said, "Well, the only way through is through."

Fine.

So I did all my errands.  Oil change, post office, Costco.  


When you get your oil changed at Grease Monkey in Pleasant Grove, expect something fancy.

I swung by my school to pick up some things and I saw two of my favorites:  Emily and Jamie.  Emily and I chatted a minute and then I saw Jamie and we were so happy to see each other.  I said, "I need to talk to you!"  

She said, "I have time."

We talked about all the things and the seismic changes that are stressing me out. She both commiserated with and calmed me.  She is the type of person you always want on your team.

I ordered a new teacher planner last week and it was on the doorstep when I got home, having been delivered by your friend and mine, Amazon.  It felt like a reward for being a good girl and getting my oil changed.

Is there anything better than a new planner?  

Maybe air conditioning.  It's hot.

It wasn't quite hot enough for me to swim though.  We went to the Provo Rec. Center after Adam got home.  Adam and Mark swam and I read Gone with the Wind.  Man, that's a long book.  I'm about halfway done and the war just ended.  I wish I could say it's smooth sailing from here, but I know the story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails