Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Book talk

Yesterday I talked to my mom on the phone.  She is working on writing her life story.  We talked about how being an adult is hard.  Also being a parent. You think your parents know everything and feel safe that they are at the helm and at the same time, your parents don't think they know anything and they are making it up as they go along.

My mom said a particular year of her life story, "read like a trashy novel."

I think that is a lot more hyperbole than reality, but if my mom wants her children and grandchildren to read her life story, I think she should stick with that description!

***

I was at the library and a young woman who I didn't recognize at all practically fell out of her chair leaning over to wave enthusiastically at me.  I often recognize people who don't recognize me, not the other way around, so it was strange.

She was too old to be a former student and too young to be a former classmate, or even a former classmate of my children.

No idea.

Adam said, since it was at the library, that maybe "book game knows book game."

***

I feel like I'm living in a dystopian novel where the totalitarian thermostat is trying to control me.  Our Nest thermostats, in an effort to promote "energy savings" keep edging up the temperature.  

I would like the Nest thermostat people to know that in July, I'm more interested in not being miserable than in energy savings.  If that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

***

Finally, Anna told me Persuasion is coming to Netflix.  I marked my calendar.


Get yourself a daughter-in-law who knows Persuasion is coming to Netflix!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails