Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Quick trip

Yesterday we took one of our one day quick trips to Nevada.

We took the last of the lighting (having given up on Home Depot, we went to a lighting store). 

We had lunch with my parents and Olivia, my dad took part of my sliver out, but it was from a railroad tie and those are the worst.  I put ichthammol on it and a bandaid and ichthammol is a very familiar scent of my childhood (I guess I had a lot of slivers growing up) and Adam had never heard of it (I guess you don't get a lot of slivers if you grow up where the wood is always wet).

Flooring was being installed at our house and I finally remembered to take some pictures of the progress. (Which would be more effective with before pictures, but here we are.)

Here is the guest bathroom.  There will be a black vanity (and a not black toilet) eventually.


I love the floor.

This is where the tub will be in the master bathroom.  They put tile on the wall to cover the notches in the wall where the old walls used to be. (You can see the notches inside the tub cavern.)

This is the shower in the master bathroom:



I know pictures of tile aren't all that exciting but if you were there when we spent a week to ten days in the tile aisle (that rhymes!) at Home Depot, you'd be proud of us for finally making a decision.

This is the end of the master bedroom where it used to be logs, but we had them build closets. (There used to be a walk in closet, but it is now the guest bathroom.)

Oh, and that's the tub which will eventually be in its place.


This is the hallway that makes me happy because the floor is pretty.


This is the transition from the family room part to the kitchen (although it's one big room). The wood floor is hickory and the kitchen floor is vinyl plank.  Again, such a decision.


The lawnmower was in the garage on a big steel pallet type thing.  We needed it pivoted so there would be room to get it off the pallet.  It said on the monstrosity that it weighed 571 pounds.  I tried to no avail to help move it.  Adam had me step aside and he just muscled it over.  He reminds me of my dad's draft horses.  That kid is strong.

We unscrewed bolts and I found a pair of nail clippers that worked well to cut the many zip ties.  My parents and Marianne stopped by to see progress and Robert came by and started helping Adam assemble the lawn mower.  I was happy to relinquish my role as helper.  Then Adam and Robert each took it for a spin like it was a new toy.  

I took pictures of the trees and bushes on my plant identification app so I would know what everything is.  Robert told me that he remembered when my grandma had planted the weeping willow.

I love everything about that.

Olivia came over with a watering can.  The water is shut off because all the plumbing is undone, so I found a cup in the car and filled up her watering can and mine from the ditch and we watered the bushes and plants around the house.  

It was all sort of exhausting but also nice.  I like sitting next to Adam in the car.  I like seeing the progress on the house.  I like the neighborhood; I love the neighbors.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the update. Hickory floor is gorgeous. So fun!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing you regularly!

Marianne said...

The neighbors love you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails