Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

Pioneer day

It's a Utah thing, and it's also a thing I love.  July 24th is the day the first company of Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley.  I've known that and it has mattered to me for as long as I can remember.  A lot of my ancestors crossed the plains.  I don't know the privations they dealt with, but I know I love not camping so I don't think it was a very fun time.

I appreciate the sacrifices they made and the faith they held onto and passed on.

When I feel like things are hard or hopeless, thinking of them helps me.  I sit up straighter when I remember the hard things they endured.  They probably didn't realize their lives would bolster their several great granddaughter many years later.

A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.                            Greek Proverb


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Did you see the picture on facebook of our brothers on Pioneer Day at a Wells Primary activity? I'll email it to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails