Pages

Monday, July 4, 2022

Legacy

Yesterday at church a man in our ward, Kevin, bore his testimony.  In it, he talked about a time he had met Stephen Covey.  Stephen Covey asked Kevin what his legacy would be.  Then Kevin talked about a recent fishing trip he'd taken with his grandson.  He'd taken the opportunity to bear his testimony to the grandson.  He asked the grandson to repeat back what he had said.  After the grandson repeated it back, Kevin said, "Good.  Now you can speak at my funeral."

I love Kevin by association because he is my dear friend Marie-Louise's husband.

Also yesterday, I went on Family Search which is my usual Sunday custom.  I started reading my grandma Dahl's life story.  It is in actual book form on my bookshelf, but I read it online anyway.  I love that I can hear her voice when I read it.


My whole life, I have been like the army of Helaman.  I doubt not that my mother (and grandmothers) knew it.  What a blessing that is to me!


This is a picture of a picture of a picture of a picture, but I love it despite the graininess! That's me in the front, between cousins, at my grandma's feet, probably feeling so lucky to be surrounded by all these people where I belonged.  My grandparents lived in Florida then and whenever they came (this time for my aunt Jennifer's wedding reception), it was an exciting time.  

I've been thinking about legacies.  I'm grateful for the legacy of my grandparents who taught my mom and dad to have faith and be good.  I'm grateful for my parents who shared their faith with me.

I think about my own children and our darling Eleanor.

I want them to know, like I know about my mother, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, that their mother knew it.

If anyone doubts that there are prophets, they'd better talk to us.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I love this!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

This is Olivia. I don't know why I'm being anonymous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails