Pages

Monday, July 11, 2022

Weekend

Friday:

We had such a good time having the Carlsons over.  Like parents do, we talked about our children.  We talked a lot about Mark and Owen; we talked a lot about Braeden and Anna.  We talked about Eleanor and can all agree that she is the best baby ever born.  We barely mentioned Emma and Natalie and I guess that is just what it is like to be the middle child....

I love getting to be better friends with them.  They are our kind of people.  We sat around the dinner table and then we went outside and sat around the fire pit, but we never did fire it up.  It was just nice to sit in the dusky light and visit.

Saturday:

Mark stayed home, but Adam and I made a quick trip to Nevada.  The foreman at our house was there, so it was good to talk to him and ask questions and give opinions.  We delivered some fixtures we had picked out.  We had lunch with my parents, then they went back over with us and surveyed the progress.  We needed to clear out the store room and there was a mismatch of random stuff there of an indeterminate background.  We saved a bit of it and got rid of the rest.  (I did save a bag full of rubber duckies labeled For Dahl Reunions.)

Someday Eleanor can chase them down the little stream that runs through the yard.

Marianne was sick so we didn't see her, but we went to Olivia and Edgar's.  I kicked off my shoes and got comfortable on their couch in a way you can only do when you're visiting family.  We talked about all the things and I am ready to just move there if it weren't for the small detail of us both having jobs in Utah.

On the way home, we saw the first wildfire of the season (at least around here).  I hate wildfire season.

This is as we were at the Point of the Mountain, looking west

It made for a spectacular sunset, but for all the wrong reasons.



Sunday:

We had our regularly scheduled round of meetings.  We did a FaceTime call with Braeden and Anna and Eleanor.  She is growing and changing and splendid.



Emma came for dinner and we had an OK dinner (all the vegetarian gluten free recipes I find are not necessarily winners) but a pleasant time together.  Later, we had some banana splits.  We had some bananas and strawberries that both needed to be eaten.  Such a delightful way to eat the fruit! Much like Amelia Bedelia, I can salvage things with dessert.

This morning as I'm typing, a bluebird has been on the window sill, looking in the screen at me.  I was too slow with my camera, but it's always nice to have visitors.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails