Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Let's do this!

Yesterday I had a fresh faced young SUU student come and help me in my classroom.  She needed volunteer hours for a summer class she was taking and she attended Bonneville!  She is studying elementary education and I was completely charmed by her.  Also, she was super helpful.  She took down bulletin boards and hung up new ones.

She said, "I know there's a lot more to it than just decorating a classroom, but I love this part!"

Me too!

Then we talked about children's books and I showed her a new acquisition I had and she told me about some her favorites. 

Kindred spirit.

We set the desks up in no particular order (they had been shoved against one wall for carpet cleaning).  Then we distributed stuff for students who are still nameless.  


It makes me so happy!  I will get the class list later this week and then I will be the mayor of label city.

We tried to hang the light covers back on the lights that the custodians had removed for cleaning.  We were both too short, but that's what Mark is for.

Also, I learned this week that the custodian, who always just calls me Davis, didn't know my first name.  I teased him about it and he said, "To be fair, sometimes I don't know my own name."  I told him it was fine if he didn't know my name.  The other custodian, a cute girl who just graduated from high school and this is her summer job, piped up, "I know your name because you taught my brother."

All my students know my name.  Otherwise why would we make such a big deal out of Thelma The Unicorn?

On my way out the door, I saw that Jamie's door was open.  I went in her office and sat on a comfy chair and we talked about all the things.

I love that place.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails