Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

Grateful Friday

It was a rare treat that Emma stopped by briefly yesterday.  She sat down and played the piano and I loved listening to her.  I told her I liked the lyrics of the song she was singing and playing and she said, off-handedly, that she had written the song. 

I don't know how to do that.  I don't even know how to start that. I'm grateful every time I get to hear my little songbird though.

I got to meet one of my future students at the school yesterday.  He has type 1 diabetes and I chatted with him and his mom for awhile.  I showed him a picture of Mark and told him that Mark also has type 1 diabetes.  He wants Mark to come over to his house and play legos with him.  He was very busy and wanted to know about everything in my classroom and wanted to help me set up the classroom and he told me where he wanted to sit and that he likes green. He wondered if he really needed a coin for the skittle machine or if he could just twist the handle.  He wondered what his class job would be.  Then he sat down and started reading one of my books.

I think I love that kid.

I talked to Camie about my class list.  There are some children with sort of rough situations in my class.  She told me they needed love.

And that, I can do.  Love + skittles + books.  I've got all three to spare.

I'm grateful for my job.

The thing I'm most grateful about:  Adam came home a day early!  I was so happy to see him.  Life is better with him around.  We went to Iceberg for milkshakes (we do, after all, have a quest) and found hands down, the best one so far.  It was Nutella.  Everyone likes Nutella, of course they do, but in a milkshake?  It was magic.  10/10.

A few days ago, when I talked to Jamie, she asked me if I'd done anything fun this summer, and I haven't really, but it hasn't been too terrible.  There have been the milkshakes.

And Nola and I hit the $5 movie on Tuesday (Where the Crawdads Sing).  We had both read the book and we enjoyed the movie.  Life this summer has been a lot more pleasant little things than big grandiose fun.

I'm grateful for the little things.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I am so grateful that little diabetic (and all of your kids, including your students) get you in their lives!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails