Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Summer Monday

It's a busy Relief Society week.  We are involved with Girls' Camp (but don't have to camp, so I'm not mad about that) + we have a funeral lunch.  I went to Walmart for stuff for both occasions (as well as a plant stand for my monstera because she is outgrowing her current digs.

Sometimes I feel like an educated, mostly well functioning person and sometimes I can't find my car after shopping at Walmart.  I stopped short of calling, "Joan! Joan? Joan Joan Joan Joan..."  I finally found her.

***

I had a meeting with my new principal.  It was a good meeting.  I have felt some trepidation because change isn't always easy, but we talked about school a lot and our children and grandchildren (she has a grandson two months older than Eleanor).  We also talked about Come Follow Me.

So yeah, I live and work in Utah County.

***

I've invented a new breakfast.  It is so terrific.  (And maybe I didn't invent it.)  I pureed fresh strawberries and poured them over plain Greek yogurt and granola.  It kind of makes a soup and I can't even explain how good it is.

***

I have prayed many prayers for the health of my mom.  She had a good doctor visit yesterday.  I feel grateful.  Also I know many times the prayers we pray aren't always answered in the way we want.  Life is such a learning curve.

***

Last night we had dinner at Culver's.  (And yes, we sampled some milkshakes.)  It was a fundraiser for a family at our school whose little one has leukemia.  Some of the proceeds for the night were going to their family and the place was hopping.  I saw a boy who will be in 6th grade.  He wasn't in my class as a third grader, but I had him for reading.  He is hilarious.  He would read in different "accents."  He often read in a "Chinese accent" and he's Hispanic so has a tiny accent anyway and his approximation of a Chinese accent was incomprehensible.  One time he read in a regular voice and he said he was reading "like Barak Obama."  After that I tried to get him to read like Barak Obama all the time.  He was there with his parents and his dad asked me how they could donate money.  I explained that just by ordering food, it would help the family.  He said that they'd already eaten, but his son had some money to donate.  The boy held up a little roll of bills.  My heart melted and I love being a teacher so much!  You can't top being around children.  But, I didn't know how he could donate besides ordering food.  Courtney was there and she is always and forever my go to if I have a question so I walked over to where she was eating with her husband.  She dropped everything to figure it out and helped them Venmo the family.  

Janelle came and sat by us and then Courtney and her husband came over and the husbands (and Mark) were very patient (it helped that it was the home run derby and Julio Rodriguez was in the finals and they were watching it on Adam's phone) while we talked about ALL THE SCHOOL THINGS.  It was so fun to see my friends!  

***

After dinner, we stopped by Home Depot to try to get our lights.  We ordered them and according to the website, they've been at the store since July 11.  They are just among the missing.  The lady told us that we can reorder them.  I said, "When will they arrive?"  

She said, "In 8-10 days."

I ordered a first aid kit from Amazon at 4:30 pm yesterday and it was delivered at 8:00 pm.  So, one of these kids is not like the other.

***

We repotted my monstera when we got home.  It was a three person job.  If Felicia (the fiddle leaf fig) ever needs to be repotted, I think we'll need reinforcements.  She's big.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails