Pages

Friday, July 15, 2022

Grateful Friday

Adam is traveling a lot this summer and I'm...not.  Last trip he was on, I felt a little angsty.  I decided that I have choices.  It has made a difference.

I've purposely scheduled things.  A few nights ago the sister missionaries came over to share a message; last night I had ministering interviews.  I went to lunch with Nola yesterday.  I've been getting ahead on school stuff.  I've been reading.

I have choices and I'm grateful.

Another choice, I decided Mark and I needed a "thing."

Most of the things that interest him, don't interest me and vice versa.  I tried to think of what we could have as our thing.  I thought about Mark and his love languages.  I came up with an idea:  The Great Shake Out. (Mark came up with the name.)

We are going to figure out the best milkshake in Utah County.  We selected 20 restaurants through a somewhat random and wonky set of requirements.  The parameters of the survey only made sense to us, but just barely.

This week we tried a raspberry shake at JCW's.  We decided to have the person taking the orders tell us the best shake to try.  Again, that is very subjective; it depends on who is working.  Still, that's the rule.

The girl behind the counter said either brownie or raspberry shakes were best.  I said, "You decide for us." She said, "OK, brownie raspberry."  

I said, "OK, we'll order that."

Then I remembered Mark has celiac disease.  "Just raspberry," I said.


It was good and Mark recorded our ratings on his phone.  If you've been around here long enough, you'll know that years ago when we lived in Washington, we did a pizza challenge to determine the best pizza.  Adam created graphics and we took it all very seriously.

Mark and I are taking this very seriously too.

It's just, I don't know how to graphics.  Or remember all of the ratings....

I do, however, know I like milkshakes.  And Mark.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

The only one I've had at JCW is mint chocolate chip. I love that one. Once you get one you like, you don't try anything else, and that's what I did.

Olivia Cobian said...

That shake looks amazing! Can I come to the next trial?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails