Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

Grateful Friday

It's July and I don't really like summer.

It's July and Adam was gone last week and this week and he will be gone an indeterminate time in July.

I think it would be easier if I was busy with school while Adam was traveling so much, because I feel adrift.  If I had school, I would be nose to the grindstone and then thanking my lucky stars for evenings to stare into nothing.

There are things I'm grateful about though.

Mark is being very sweet to me.  He realizes I'm in a ratty mood (and both my sisters have been at girls' camp) and I miss Adam.  He texted Adam that he should call me because it "seems like she misses you."

Also, Mark went to Emma's last night to swim and there was a thunderstorm here and I hate thunderstorms (but not rain!).


I think I equate lightning with fires and it isn't a winning combination.

I'm grateful Adam will be home sometime in the next two days (he's not sure).  That man is living a vagabond life.  He is cut out for that sort of thing though.  He can be spontaneous.

I'm grateful that I have finished some of my LETRS training.  We are supposed to do it during the next school year and I'm pre-crastinating because it makes me happy to pre-crastinate.  I like to not procrastinate like I like to not camp.

I'm grateful this is the lock screen of my work computer:


It's brings me more joy than a lock screen probably usually does.

Eleanor is dreamy and I'm her biggest fan (maybe--I have a lot of competition for biggest fan).

Braeden called her their "librarian baby" when he sent this.

I'm grateful that I can get pictures (and videos!) of her daily.  What a great time to be alive!

I'm grateful for good books and Netflix and that the gluten free pasta-pesto-grape tomato-garlic-spinach-chicken-parmesan cheese situation I made for dinner last night was well received.  I told Mark I'd kind of made it up.  He proceeded to tell me how I could have improved it.

I should have left well enough alone.

I'm grateful for air conditioning and ice and diet coke and cold water.  I'm grateful for grapes (and grape tomatoes) and a few rain storms in the past few days.  I'm grateful for grapefruit body butter from Trader Joe's.  I love that stuff!  

I'm grateful for text messages from Emma.  She sent this this morning:


Getting texts from Emma always make me happy.

I'm grateful that my flowers on the deck are living their best life and the ferns on the front porch are happy.  The chrysanthemums are thriving.  Felicia (the fiddle leaf fig) has never been happier.  

My plants love summer.

And I'm grateful.



4 comments:

Geri said...

I added Trader Joes to my shopping list for today. Grapefruit body butter here I come.

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm back from camp and would love to talk. Call me!

Olivia Cobian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia Cobian said...

I removed my comment because it was a duplicate of my first comment. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails