Pages

Friday, September 2, 2022

Grateful Friday

Yesterday after school, Emily and I were talking in the hall.  She said that we needed to nip the behavior in the bud before it got worse for one of the students we share.

I asked, "Which student?"  There are several.

She told me.

I asked, "Which behavior?" There are several.

We talked about how we are about to lose our ever loving minds.  Michelle, the school counselor stopped by and chimed in.  She said we have to be firm.  Mean even.  She said, "Don't smile."  Then she grinned because she knew she was asking the impossible.

I told her some of what I am up against.

She said, "We are in trouble if Thelma is stressed.  You are always so calm and in control."

That is when I realized there was perhaps a disconnect between the Thelma at school and the Thelma that cries at home.  (Sorry, Adam.)

It did make me feel understood to chat briefly with my friends.  It is a safe space and also a loving space because none of us dislike these kids.  We all want the best for them and we work together to try to figure it out.  

I'm grateful for my fellow teachers.

I'm grateful Adam came home last night.

I'm grateful we are going to California tonight (waaaaaay past my bedtime).

I'm grateful I get to walk with Clarissa.

I'm grateful for the love and support and prayers of my parents and siblings.  Feeling loved is sometimes all you need.




3 comments:

Marianne said...

You are so very loved!

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto to what Marianne said. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Mark Dahl said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I hope you and Eleanor are having such a wonderful time together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails