Pages

Friday, September 9, 2022

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful the weather is cooling off a bit.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done with summer.

I'm grateful that there is nothing wrong with hope.  My mom has some health concerns, I have some health concerns (I've moved on from arthritis to thyroid trouble--apparently 49 is the year it all falls apart for me, but it is also the year I got a granddaughter which is a fair trade), Mark has ongoing hassles.  Whether he accidentally gets gluten or his pump malfunctions, it's always something.  My mom is a fighter and she messaged her plans and said, "so we are still trucking."

We are.  We are in it to win it!

I'm grateful for the heartwarming experience of seeing pictures of Braeden and Company's adventure to Washington.



Seeing these pictures made us all wish we were at Grandma Geri's too.

Braeden sent a photo with the iconic apple.


It is heavy and amazingly has not given any child a head injury yet.  Every kid in the family has played with it; no one has died.


Braeden also sent this photo of a photo of Adam with the apple.  It's been around awhile!

Later in the day, Stephanie sent me this picture:


It made me so happy!  I love that I have dear friends in the world who love my kids and my kids love them right back.  

They sent this picture from a Thai restaurant in Vancouver.  I love that you can see Talia in the mirror reflection.  Two of my favorite redheaded girls!  (The jury is still out on Eleanor's hair color, but if it is red, I won't be sad!)



Braeden and Anna are going to the Mariners game while they are there and Janet is watching Eleanor.  Braeden knows enough to know what good hands she'll be in.

Last night, Adam had a work thing and Mark went with me to my school to rearrange desks.  I'm always one perfect desk arrangement away from controlling the chaos (delusion runs deep).  I drew a diagram on the board and he said, "How about put him next to him?"  No.  "Next to her?" No.  "But maybe it's a boy/girl thing and they won't talk."  That's not a thing in third grade.  

We kept discussing and he suggested the tattle tale should go in a strategic spot (good idea!) and I think we made it work.  They're going to be completely civilized now. (Again, delusion runs deep.)

I'm grateful I have Mark!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

How fun for them to have a little Washington vacation!

Olivia Cobian said...

I love that apple, and that it has entertained generations of Davis babies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails