Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Series of unfortunate events

Lately Adam and I have been watching the Junior Baking Show on Netflix which is a delight.  I think I had baking on my mind because last night I had a dream that I kept baking cakes and my students kept putting their feet into the cakes.  

So that kind of sums up how it is going....

Yesterday, I staggered to school having not slept well at all.  A great start to a Monday morning.

I had traffic duty before and after school and I had recess duty and since it was Monday, we didn't have specialties so I had no prep time.

At lunchtime, I saw on my phone that my dad had had an accident involving a horse having a come apart and my dad being run over by a buggy.  Marianne was Marianne (I told her none of the rest of us could have done it) and got him to the doctor.  She drove.  You can mess with a lot of people, but Marianne is not one of them.

So I went from worrying about one parent to worrying about two parents. 

I talked to them after school and I think they're OK.  I think my dad is going to be sore for awhile.

After school, I went from one meeting to another meeting to another meeting and then I had to leave to get to the doctor.

Since I had zero time before and after school, during recess and no prep, my classroom was a hot mess, but I had to leave.

I went to the doctor's office to get the disk with my thyroid ultrasound that I needed to take to the hospital in preparation for my biopsy.  They had to see if they could read the ultrasound, because "sometimes" it doesn't work.

The disk, of course, was not ready as promised. I waited for twenty minutes, dying inside.  I had stuff to do!

The radiology department, of course, did not have anyone there who could read the disk anyway.

I hustled home to walk with Clarissa, but it turned out she couldn't walk and it also turned out dinner was in the crockpot, but not started.  (We struggle.)

I talked to Adam and Mark while they were driving home.  I told them all the things.  Adam said, "Do you want to go back to your classroom and do work?  I'll bring you dinner."

YES.

So I spent about 45 minutes in my classroom, taming the chaos.  Adam and Mark brought me Del Taco.  

It all ended up with me feeling like I was ready to fight another day!  (If I can just keep my students from sticking their feet in my cake.)

Onward.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails