Pages

Friday, September 23, 2022

Grateful Friday

Parent teacher conferences are done for now.  That is a lot to be grateful for.  They are exhausting.

I had two different mothers cry.  I keep Kleenex handy and I don't mind.  As a mother prone to crying myself.  I get it.  Mothering is hard. I hope that I'm able to validate and reassure.  I try. 

Another thing I'm very grateful about is that my biopsy was benign.  Mark told me he and Emma "had a moment" when they found out.  Those two don't say more than they ever need to and I didn't know they were worried.

My friend Jamie was worried too.  She cried when I told her the good news.  It is nice to be loved.

The number one thing I'm grateful for today is that Adam is home.  While he was gone:

  • the faucet broke in our master bathroom
  • I had car problems, twice
  • I had a biopsy
  • we had a boil order
  • I missed him a lot 
In summary:  things fall apart.

I'm grateful for Mark who is a stalwart companion always.

I'm grateful for my family; my parents and siblings and nieces and nephews.  We have a WhatsApp conversation that ranges from silliness to seriousness and everywhere in between.  We pray for each other and they are a big strength to me.

I have an oxalis plant and it is different than every other plant.  It goes dormant in summer and seems completely dead.  I started watering it again recently and I thought maybe this time it really was dead.

I noticed this yesterday:


It made me really happy.  Things have a way of working out and a plant that comes back from what seems like completely dead is a great reminder that even if it doesn't feel like things are going to work out, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, they will.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the happy surprise of a plant being alive. Hope springs eternal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails