Pages

Friday, September 16, 2022

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I had my biopsy.  I left school early with a pile of work to do at home (one of my former students saw me in the hall.  He saw my stuff and said, "Are you leaving?"  I said yes.  He said, "Who is with your class?!?"

I assured him they were in good hands.

My class wondered why I was going to the doctor again.  "Are you OK?" 

"I'm fine." I told them.  I'm fine.

My friend told me it "wasn't fun," because she had had one.  My friend Emily told me, "you will be sore."

They were not wrong.

I sort of hated it, but the doctor asked me about what I do for a job and I told him I teach third grade and he has a son who is in third grade.  He checked with me to make sure his son wasn't supposed to be doing homework.  I told him I don't assign homework besides read for 30 minutes per night.

He was worried, "My son's teacher said to read 20 minutes per night.  Is the state law 30 minutes?"

I assured him 20 minutes was fine.  We talked about books his son may like to read and I suggested The Dragon Masters series which Ruby sent to me and my students are loving.

So all that conversation was distracting, but I was glad when the biopsy was over.

I left the hospital with a big bandage/ice pack on my neck that made mobility limited.

Then Joan wouldn't start.  

I have a handy battery charger, but I was still concerned about Joan, especially since Adam is out of town and Mark and I are the problem solvers around here.  (She has been having battery problems more and more frequently.)

I settled down at my desk to do my work and I got a notification that we have a boil order.

The fun keeps coming....just waiting on the frogs, lice and flies.

When Mark got home we went to Costco and bought a battery (and went to MOD for dinner.  I felt like garbage + a boil order doesn't make me want to cook or create a lot of dishes that need washing).

Mark changed the battery which I was very grateful for.  He needed my help at one point to hold the connector things out of the way while he dropped the battery in.  It's always good to have a Mark around.  I went to bed early.

This morning I kind of feel like I've been hit by a truck.  I'm not sure how needles in the neck can make that happen, but at least it's Friday.

I can wear jeans to work on Friday.

A positive for the balance sheet.

I'm grateful for Mark and cooler weather and my family and my faith which sustains me.  I'm grateful for my friends and my job and my peaceful home.  I'm grateful I could get a new battery and that I can boil water, rather than get sick from drinking it.

I'm grateful it is Friday.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I pray the biopsy went well, Thelma.

Olivia Cobian said...

I had to Google boil order. I've never had one of those. Boil zit? Yes. Neither sounds fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails