Pages

Monday, September 12, 2022

Weekend

It was an overall nice weekend.  It also had some difficult parts (I taught Relief Society and I also had to go represent our RS president at a meeting at 7:00 AM on Sunday morning).  Nothing should happen at 7:00 AM on Sunday morning.  

That should be a rule.

Even though I usually leave around 7:00 on weekday mornings, my body knew it was Sunday and I didn't want to move.  

Adam has a 7:00 AM meeting nearly every Sunday.  He didn't yesterday, but his body also knew it was Sunday and he was awake anyway.

Darn bodies.

We got lots of great pictures from Washington.

A bottle with Great Grandma Geri on the beach.  She was arguably already a great grandma, but now it's official.

This picture made me so happy.  Those two are a great team and I couldn't ask for a better daughter-in-law.


Great Aunt Megan.  Arguably, she was already a great aunt, but now it is official.

Adam's brother Brian has sent him texts all during the week outlining his plans for what he was going to cook for the family barbecue they were having in honor of Braeden and Anna and Eleanor.  The excitement with which our Washington family responded to their visit mattered a lot to Adam and me.  Adam summed it up simply: Family is amazing.

Jackson, Scott, Braeden, Brian and Kain

Rae and Ella


We miss them.

Braeden texted us with all the people he saw at church there, our friends who we also miss.

I was considering Relief Society yesterday though.  In my lesson, I ugly cried and talked about things dear to my heart that I would never have talked about if those ladies weren't my people.

Several of them came up and hugged me after the lesson.  A few sent me texts later in the day.

What a wonderful world it can be!  Aren't we lucky to have each other?


 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails