Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Between grass and hay

We were invited to our ward's empty nester FHE last night.  They have dinner and then typically share a story from their life or family history.  Last night people shared mementos.  They were interesting and I enjoyed it.

But I felt like we weren't ready for that group yet.

Someone talked about how they've been with their husband for 51 years.

A guy was talking about his career back in 1979.

I was six.

Maybe it's nice to be the young ones.  It's the opposite situation at school where a lot of the teachers could be my children.

Yesterday I had a BYU practicum teacher start.  I feel motherly toward her.

I'll just keep easing into old age, one empty nester gathering at a time....

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I hope the teacher that Liberty is starting with today feels motherly to her.

Olivia Cobian said...

For the first time ever, we have a bishop who is younger than I am. Guessing it won't be the last . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails