Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Critical Race Theory

This isn't about Critical Race Theory (though if it were, it may excite some people).  I was thinking of CRT because I remembered that one of my friends asked me (and she wasn't joking) if I teach Critical Race Theory to my students.

I have exactly zero students on grade level for math.

I have four that are on grade level for reading.

Their behavior is abysmal.

Many of them have two households that wreak all sorts of havoc in their little lives.

Wondering if I teach them Critical Race Theory was like when Mark was a whirling dervish of a toddler and people asked me if I curled his hair.



In other news, yesterday evening was (dare I say it?) blustery.  It wasn't quite cold, but it wasn't hot and it was rainy and the sky was moody.

It felt like fall.

I am here for it!

1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post Thelma and your analogy of curling Mark's hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails