Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Christmas ornaments

There is a huge tree in the school library and every year, the teachers are supposed to have their students make ornaments for the tree.  I saw an idea for making shrinky dink type ornaments out of plastic cups.

I had the students decorate the cups with Sharpies:


 I punched a hole in the side with a regular hole punch.  Then I cooked them for about 1 minute at 350 degrees:

I'm going to string a ribbon through the hole and put their picture on the back (I get a page of stickers of their school pictures.)


They are cute + easy + unique and I am happy.  That is all.

(If you decide to do something like this, use a cup with a 5 recycling code.  I didn't try other types but my googling research said that was what to use.)


4 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! They turned out great!

Geri said...

I love this. I was trying to think of something different to do on Thanksgiving and I might try this. Now do I have enough permanent markers? Have a good trip and tell your mom hi from me.

Mark Dahl said...

Hello right back at you, Geri. That looks like a great Thanksgiviing activity.

Olivia Cobian said...

We will do these for our Thursday art day! Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails