Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Kindred spirits

Yesterday, my diabetic student's mom came in because he had forgotten his cell phone.  He uses it for a medical device.  She told me he also had a treat in his backpack in honor of Diabetic Awareness Day.

I hadn't been aware of Diabetic Awareness Day.

Wow, it matters to me though.

Yesterday commemorated the birthday of one of the co-discoverers of insulin.  Without that discovery, my uncle, cousin, brother and son would all be dead by now.

And my cute little student too.

I felt a kinship with his mother.  How we appreciate modern medicine!

My son also gifted me with a kindred spirit when he married Anna.  What a good boy!  She sends me Pride and Prejudice memes and loves Anne of Green Gables (which I could never get Emma into!).  

Yesterday my team was meeting after school and Janelle said, "Have you thought about what to get the BYU teachers as a gift?"

I said, "As a matter of fact I have!"  I went to Anna's Etsy shop Green Gable Girl where I want one of everything, please and thank you.

I ordered this cute tote bag for my BYU teacher (who works at the library, she will love it).  It came yesterday!



So three cheers for Frederik Banting!  Thank you for saving the lives of people I love!

And three cheers for Anna, my very own Green Gable Girl.  She created cute designs in her Etsy shop and an even cuter granddaughter!

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails