Pages

Friday, November 11, 2022

Grateful Friday

Here's what I'm grateful about today:

1. I don't have to get another crown for awhile (or maybe ever?).  Fingers crossed.  That was awful, but I did it.

2. Adam is home.  I miss that guy when he's gone.

3. Christmas planning.  It makes me happy.  Also, I decided not to send Christmas cards this year, so if you normally get one from us, it's not you, it's me.  If a tradition ever feels like a chore, I let it go.

4. My job.  I know I complain about it, but I also really love it.  I love that I know which student's paper is the one without a name because I recognize their handwriting.  (Yesterday I knew whose math test it was because of the tear drops on it....) I love the connections I make with them.  Some of them are just really funny and they delight me every day.  Here's a story one of them wrote (Miss Larson is our BYU practicum student):


She said, "I ran out of time."  I guess that's why there were no details about the super! super! top secret mission.

This same girl sits near my desk because she needs someone constantly telling her to stay on task.  I called a student up yesterday to talk about her writing and the one near me stopped her and said, "OK, don't be nervous.  Mrs. Davis is nice.  You'll be fine, just fine."

She also gets excited when she sees kindergartners because they are shorter than she is.

She also told me very dramatically that boys are SO dramatic.

Being there makes me happy.

5. There are many good people in the world.  A week ago, the Rotary Club donated a dictionary to every third grader.  So. Much. Excitement.  When they found out they got to TAKE THEM HOME and KEEP THEM FOREVER, some of the kids lost their minds.

If you ever want to feel happy, watch eight year olds excitedly read dictionaries.


6. Sweet friends.  Stephanie called me last night.  We chatted for nearly an hour.  We talked, laughed and cried.  Friends are wonderful.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

That picture with the dictionaries makes me so happy!

Mark Dahl said...

I love the dictionary story and photo.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love how they find joy in a dictionary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails