Pages

Friday, November 18, 2022

Grateful Friday

Here are some random things I'm grateful for.

I'm grateful for liquid bandage stuff.  Tis the season when my fingers split and I glue them together.  I wish I didn't need to, but I'm glad I have it when I need it.

I was doing ministering interviews last night and I talked to a friend who has three kids with busy activities every night and none of them drive and I don't miss those days.  I miss my kids, not the busyness they added to my life.  If I was going to go back in time, I'd go back to when I homeschooled them and we mostly had quiet evenings at home.  That I miss.

Anyway, I'm grateful I'm not living my life around the schedule of cantankerous teenagers.

I'm grateful for my friends.  Near and far, old and new, the ones I talk to often and the ones I seldom talk to.  I love them.

I'm grateful for my family.  Adam and our kids (including Anna) and Eleanor.  She's the bees knees and we all know it.  I'm grateful for our parents and siblings and their spouses and all our nieces and nephews. I'm grateful I'll get to see a bunch of them next week in Nevada.  

I'm grateful for the smile I get when I see the board in the workroom where someone started us writing our favorite Christmas movies.  Can you beat Christmas movies?  (These are actually good Christmas movies although I really like watching the super awful Christmas movies on Netflix or Hallmark movies with Emma.  They are so bad they're good.)

I'm grateful that my mouth feels all better.  Who knew dental work could throw you for such a loop?  But I healed.  Bodies are pretty amazing like that.

I'm grateful for really good pens.  My friend Jamie has started me down a path of pen snobbery and I can't go back.  There is such joy in a good pen.

I'm grateful it's Friday.  I will never not love a good Friday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your grateful Friday posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails