Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Embracing the chaos

 The only certainty is that chaos is unpredictable.

                Matthew Terrill


This is a pep talk to myself that it's OK and my eye will stop twitching eventually....

Yesterday morning I talked to Olivia while I was getting ready for school.  She's busy. I'm busy. We don't want to be.

We do want the things that prompted the busyness in the first place.

It's a conundrum.  And just life.

I can spend time fretting about the chaos or just embrace it and triage it and forge ahead.

Clarissa and I walk most days.  Lately, we've been walking around the Mt. Timpanogos temple because it is pretty well lit and we walk after dark.  Also, it is cold.  Clarissa warms me up.  She is a ray of sunshine. Marianne and I both had sunshine-y first born children.  We tell each other about the craziness happening in our various lives and we laugh and take quick steps because it is cold and I always go away feeling energized.

Life is just going to be crazy sometimes.  It's what I signed up for.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I wish I could join in on those walks with you two lovely rays of sunshine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails