Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Grateful Friday

The whole coronavirus COVID 19 thing is kind of awful.  I don't like the uncertainty and suffering and fear that people are feeling.  I don't like that I can't be in the classroom with my students.  I love those kids and I feel like I was robbed of some of my time with them.  I don't like the ways my children's education has been limited.  I know that we're lucky and it's not been limited by much, but it still hasn't been the same.

On the other hand, there are things to be grateful about.  Here are a few things I have time for because of the virus:

1- more reading time

It is such a gift!

2- unscheduled evenings

Unless you count our movie nights.  It is wonderful that no one has anywhere to be every. Single. Night.

3- piano

I have been practicing a little every day.  Like Elizabeth Bennet, I play very ill indeed, but I am enjoying it.

4- Emma is home

She would have still been in Provo all this time and I only would have seen her on Sundays for a few hours.  I prefer this.

5- Little projects

I have organized the hot mess that is my school google drive.  I have cleaned up my word documents and computer desktop.  I am working on culling photos.  I decided to sew a blanket out of some scraps of Seahawks fleece Olivia gave me years ago.  The blanket is in no way symmetrical.  My sewing has a certain Picasso flair.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'd forgotten about that fleece! I'm excited to see how your blanket turns out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails