Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Ten things that matter

Yesterday Marie Louise texted and asked how we were doing.  We're...just doing.  Nothing too interesting.  Nothing terrible.  Nothing exciting.  Nothing new.

It's easy to forget what day it is and why anything matters.

So for the sake of remembering this bizarre time, here's what is mattering to me.

1. bright color out the window




It is past its blossoming prime and the leaves are taking over but it has been beautiful.  I love catching glimpses of intense purple out windows.  Also, I love the bluebirds.  They flit outside my office window, parading their pretty blue color.  May is starting to be a bit of a show off.

2. discovering a new series

Adam found it which is always the case.  He's the source of good things.  We've been watching The English Game (on Netflix) and we all four love it.

3. taking walks

I seriously love taking walks.  Especially with other people.  Adam went with me yesterday and it was delightful to me.

4. reading with Mark

We read scriptures together in the morning and have silent reading time together after lunch.  It is cozy and wonderful.

5. the deck furniture is on the deck again

My happy place.

6. the New York Times crossword

Emma and Adam and I sit side by side and solve it together on my laptop.  Emma types and we all fire answers at her.  We're not a bad crossword team.  Emma knows the French words, Adam knows the Supreme Court and sports stuff, I know synonyms.

7. recording lessons is wrapping up

I want it to be over because it's just kind of a hassle.  I'm ready for the next school year to start. (Not literally ready, emotionally ready--except I still want my same class.)  I want to be a teacher in a classroom.  (If you say there's going to be a resurgence and we will need to teach online again I will walk away from you and pretend I didn't hear you.)

8. having the sacrament at home

I love it.  It feels more meaningful to me and our house feels lighter and the simple joy and peace of the Gospel are real.

9. May

The weather is perfect.  We need neither our heat nor AC.  Everything is green except the flowers and the sky is blue, blue, blue.

10. Stephanie

I asked her to record dance instruction for my class--for all the third grade--because we were supposed to have a dance festival this spring.  She immediately said yes and her videos were fantastic.  She is fantastic.

1 comment:

Stephanie L Johnson said...

fun to be on your list <3 i love to offer dancing to kids of all ages, hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails