Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Grateful Friday

Yesterday we had a reverse parade at the school.  The teachers lined the street and the students drove by, waving good-bye.  There was lots of furious waving and smiling.  Janelle said after awhile, "My smile muscles are getting sore."  But we loved every minute.

First of all, elementary teachers are my people.




This is just who was immediately by us, there were a lot more sights to be seen.  One of the fifth grade teachers brought a huge sound system and drum set and he played the drums the entire time.

I observed the teachers and the efforts they had gone to and I felt proud to be numbered among them.



Then my heart started parading on past.










I can't tell if I'm more in love with that little face or the adoring look his mom is giving him.
My sweet sweet kiddos.  I was robbed of time with them.  That is all.

There were a few of my students drive by that I didn't get a picture of.  There were a few of them who I haven't seen on any online meetings and who didn't come to the parade and I feel doubly robbed.  I need closure, but alas.

I love my job.

I'm grateful I get to do something that I love so much.

I'm grateful that I get to rub shoulders with stellar teachers and a caring administration.

I'm grateful for sweet children to read good books to and to love and to teach.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

This made me cry!

Mark Dahl said...

It made me cry also. What wonderful people you all are. Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails