Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Update

Today students are turning in Chromebooks and we are giving them the contents of their desks in exchange.

My fellow 3rd grade teachers and I are wearing matching t-shirts (I bought two for each of us.  It got away from me.  I don't want to talk about, but I did ask them, "Hasn't it always been your dream for us to have our entire wardrobes matching?")

Although it may rain so we'll have jackets on.  No one will even know we are wearing one of our two matching shirts.

Later today Emma is getting her hair dyed a natural shade of red.  I said, "Do you want to look like Mark?"

She said, "No, Talia and Anna."

Actually, first she wanted to try her hand at dying her own hair pink.  This is what happens when a 21 year old is quarantined with her parents apparently.  She asked me if I thought it was a good idea.  So many times no.

I suggested I would take her to Joelyn who is my hairdresser that I love.  (Also, I cut Emma's hair a little while ago in my shoddy style so I think I owe her a good haircut.) Emma said yes to that but she wants dyed hair. So Joelyn is on board.  She and Emma have been texting back and forth.

I will post a picture tomorrow.  2/3 of my children will be gingers.  3/4 counting Anna.

Last night Emma discovered out dishwasher was leaking water.  I said, "Well, we need to call a repairman."

Adam got down on the floor and started tinkering.  "Get me a Philips head screwdriver?" he asked.

"Just call a repairman," I said.

"There's the problem," Adam said, shining his phone flashlight underneath the dishwasher.  "Do you want to see?"

"No," I said, surveying him lying on the (let's face it, not clean) kitchen floor.  "Just call a repairman."

I went upstairs to read an Adam eventually joined me, and he made an appointment with a repairman.

This morning he told me, "I fixed the dishwasher."  That man has a whole rich life he lives while I go to bed early.  Sometimes he goes for a drive.  He reads.  He watches Scandinavian Noir movies.  Sometimes he fixes the dishwasher.

I've been working in my classroom.  Organizing and sorting and scheming and dreaming.  I truly love all of it.  An entire room to decorate and arrange and organize and rearrange and tinker with.

Yesterday we had a meeting (online) with the 2nd grade teachers and they told us our preliminary class lists and told us about the students.  So now I have an idea what to expect.

Fingers crossed we are in the classroom in August!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails