Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Even after 47 years

Yesterday afternoon I asked Mark to empty the dishwasher and he said he had to do his accounting class.  I commandeered the microphone and told my mom that I wanted her to know that Mark needed to empty the dishwasher but he said he couldn't because of accounting so I was going to do it myself at great personal sacrifice.

My mom said she appreciated me letting Mark do his accounting class.

As I was emptying the dishwasher I remembered a story my roommate Jamee told me one time about her teenage brother on Thanksgiving.  Jamee's mom had been cooking all day (and probably the preceding days as well). She asked Jamee's brother to take the garbage out and he sighed deeply and said that it was his vacation and he was "just trying to relax."

So good news moms everywhere.  Your kids are still bratty when they are 47 years old.

(And I really do appreciate my mom teaching Mark accounting.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails