Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Of good report

I am just tiiiiired of this.

I like plans that you can count on, not projections that no one really knows are accurate.  I'm tired of politics and lectures and conspiracy theories and animosity all related to this virus.

So today, here's what I'm happy about that has nothing to do with any of that.

Yesterday I had a quick google meet with one of my students.  At the end we were signing off and she said, "Oh, wait!"

"Yes?"

"I hope you had a good Mother's Day," she said earnestly.

Another student emailed me the other day saying, "You are so sweet."

They loved the book I just finished reading them, Tuesdays at the Castle and I loved seeing their comments and emojis in response.

I love organizing my classroom and dreaming and scheming about next year.  I will do a better job.  I know more.  I will be more prepared.  (I just need students.)

I love deck sitting weather.

I love the green green valley.

I love taking walks with Adam (we're about to leave as soon as I am finished).

I love all the birds in our yard (and I'm glad none of them have been suicidal lately and flown into our window.

I love that Mark moved my prism to the highest window that doesn't have blinds on it.  Rainbows and sunshine.

That's what I seek.



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I just ordered Tuesdays at the Castle to read to my boys. Do you think they'll like it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails