Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day I wanted:

1- To make zero decisions

2- To take a walk

3- Everyone here for dinner

4- Brownie sundaes



I got everything I asked for.  A few times my "you have to because it's Mother's Day" crossed over into Adam saying, "Wait, are you making a decision?"

We went to BYU campus which is a beautiful ghost town and took a walk.  We saw baby ducks swimming in a stream and very very few people.

Braeden and Anna, who have been quarantining hard core because Anna was exposed to someone at work who tested positive for coronavirus (even though he had zero symptoms), came for dinner.  We social distanced and mostly were on the deck.  (Except for when a violent and short lived windstorm swept through and we ran into the house.  Then it was over and we went back outside.) It was wonderful to see them.

Adam cooked a terrific dinner; steak and green beans and caprese salad.  The brownie sundaes were worth it.

Whatever it was.

The kids all gave me books.

This from Braeden and Anna.


It has been on my to be read list forever and I am excited to read it.  From one introvert to another, Anna understands me.

Mark and Emma gave me Newbery winners, which are always winning gifts.  Emma attached hints to the outside of the wrapped packages.



And...



I don't know if her hints or Mark's poem delighted me more.  He wrote me:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Mark's mom's favorite
This much is true



Being married to Adam and being their mother is my favorite.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love, love, love how witty that Emma girl is!

Olivia Cobian said...

You'll have to let me know how you like Adam of the Road. It was part of our homeschool curriculum and I can't remember if I didn't like it or my kids didn't. Lovely notes from Emma and lovely handwriting. I love Mark's poem too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails