Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Lost day

Yesterday I had a whole plan.  That is nothing new; I often have a whole plan because I love to plan.  Also, it was nothing new that my plan didn't work out because that is often the case.

But yesterday was a lost day.

Another migraine.  Which was too soon after the last one.  So I won't really write about the awfulness because who wants to read that?  There were some good things:

Everyone was really kind to me.  Adam and Emma and Mark checked on me and took care of me and were kind.

I got an appointment with my chiropractor.  That rarely happens on the same day and it really helped. (And Adam drove me there which also helped.)

Since I had planned to go to my classroom to work, I had recorded the videos in advance so I didn't need to do that yesterday.  I did log in a few time to check email from my students.  One wrote wondering why the school had taken away his free MP3 player and I had no idea what he was talking about so I referred him to the school district help desk.  That feels like a good response in such cases. Another student wrote that it was his dad's birthday.  I did know what to say to that one.  I even sent emojis.

It was perfect deck sitting weather in the evening.

I got out of watching yet another Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  The first one is fine.  They get longer and more tangential as they go. (Ask me how I know.) And our kids love them.

So even a lost migraine day has its perks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails