Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Grateful Friday

I had another dentist appointment yesterday.  This time to put a filling in the treacherous tooth that decided to die from the inside.  The best case scenario is that my body won't freak out and I'll be able to get a crown (that's the best case?!?).  The worst case scenario is that I'll need an implant.

I asked Adam last night what would happen if I just had the tooth pulled and didn't get the implant.  He explained the horrors.

I don't like teeth.

We went to Mark's show and I think I'll always associate watching Chess with a sore mouth.  Adam read to me for a little bit before I went to sleep.  It turns out to be a really good antidote for sleeplessness.  Every few pages he pauses and looks over at me and asks, "You good?" and I eventually declare myself sleepy.  Before bed, I mentioned to Adam that I didn't know what I'd take in my lunch today.  Usually I take leftovers but everyone had been going different directions and my mouth was so numb I couldn't eat anyway so I'd had a frosty from Wendy's for dinner.  (me = health nut, I know)  

At about 1:00 am, I woke up because my jaw was throbbing.  I went downstairs for some Advil and Adam was in the kitchen, inexplicably cooking.  "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Roasting potatoes," he said, like it was the most normal thing to do at 1:00 am.

There were groceries on the counter because he had apparently gone shopping too.  He said, "I have hummus and pitas and cucumber and potatoes.  It's for your lunch."

It was all soft stuff I could eat with this ring ding mouth and it sounded wonderful.

He's wonderful.  

5 comments:

Marianne said...

That's so nice!!

Geri said...

Is Adam on a first name basis with the graveyard shift at Winco? He is definitely a one of a kind guy and we're lucky he is a good guy.

Gwilliam Fam said...

That’s adorable.

Gwilliam Fam said...

(Adam...not your awful mouth pain. Sorry my friend.).

Edgar Cobian said...

I love Adam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails