Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Last curtain call

Friday ended the run of Chess, Mark's last high school production.  Marianne's family and my parents were there which meant a lot to Mark. I had texted them a synopsis prior to the show because it's hard to know what is happening.  I saw it several times and it was still unclear.  

I loved seeing those kids perform their hearts out.  I loved watching their faces and knowing they were giving it their all.  It's easy to root for someone who is bravely being so vulnerable.

I didn't cry except a few little tears, but it took effort.  It feels emotional to be ending this stage of life.  It also is exciting.  I love watching our children move on to their next thing.  It's also scary.  It's a lot.

Saturday Mark went back to help strike the set.

First, they had a chess game with actors as chess pieces.  One of the stage crew took pictures and I had Mark text me the pictures.


They look like they're involved in some sort of ritual, but it's just chess.


I love how some of them, including Mark, are horses with hands posed.

Drama kids.  Whatever they do, they're all in.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails