Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Restorative

Monday night, Adam and Emma and Braeden went to the Jazz basketball game.  Adam said I should come too and I said, "...." 

He said, "If you need a restorative night at home, you should take it."

There is beauty in being married to a man who understands you.

Mark came home from a long rehearsal and he was pretty done for too.  He'd had an early AP test and a full day.  We went to Mo Bettah's for dinner which I don't love but he does and it's by Walgreens and we needed to pick up insulin.

I enjoyed dinner with Mark.  We don't have enough time together, just the two of us.  Sometimes you need to have dinner with your curmudgeonly opinionated 18 year old.

While we were in line at the Walgreens' drive thru, Mark said, "Do you want to play cards when we get home?"

I said, "...."

He said, "Well, I was just saying that because I thought you'd want to.  I'd rather have some alone time."

The introverts nodded appreciatively at each other.

Mark did his thing and I watched Netflix and while I watched, I organized my phone by color.

Now, it takes a bit to remember the color of the different apps...




...but it's pretty. 

(Also, it should be said that the number of unread emails would make Mark throw hands, but it is actually a really low number for me.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails