Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Teacher in May

Friday was hot.  So hot.  It was 81 degrees in my classroom and I don't know what was happening with the air conditioning, besides it wasn't working.

Yesterday was cold.

Spring in Utah.

We had our dance festival practice outside because the 6th grade teachers signed up for the gym first.  Imagine wrangling seventy 3rd graders.  They are all shivering and cold and squirrelly and can't hear you and so they are all doing their own thing.  

Then it started raining.

Mass pandemonium ensued as children sprinted toward the school but I made my class stay outside until they had a line.  I knew there wasn't going to be forming a line once we were inside the school and I had to get them a little settled before we paraded by the other classrooms.

So that was fun.

Then without warning or preamble, a doting aunt and uncle brought 6 pizzas for the class to celebrate their niece's birthday.  They brought them about 2 minutes before we were supposed to go to lunch.

More pandemonium.

Everyone was super excited about pizza but half the kids had lunches from home and some of the kids wanted to get their milk and fruit from the lunchroom and some of the kids wanted to just eat pizza.  I distributed pizza and took some of the kids to the lunchroom and we were late and got tangled in 6th graders coming in from recess.  I asked Kate to keep an ear on the students who were staying in my classroom to eat pizza.

When I got back, there were boys throwing footballs and a boy pouting because the birthday girl had cut him off from pizza.  She had stacked the leftover pizza in two boxes on the floor beneath her backpack.  Fine.  I sent them all out to recess.

When it was time to go home, the pizza was swarming with ants.  The floor all around the boxes was swarming with ants.  I threw it all away and told the custodian.



1 comment:

Edgar Cobian said...

Wow. You are a saint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails